- Erectile Dysfunction, also known as Impotence, is the inability to get and maintain an erection that is sufficient for satisfactory sexual intercourse. Erectile Dysfunction due to underlying vascular disease makes up about 70% of all cases.
- Although any vascular disease can be responsible for Erectile Dysfunction, Coronary artery disease and Diabetes are the major vascular disease groups. As these vascular disease processes are systemic widespread abnormalities effecting all organs of the body but presenting themselves more in some organs and less in other organs, a disease process effecting coronary arteries also effects vessels supplying blood to penis. Diabetes is also a vascular disease which involves small fine vessels throughout the body which also involves vessels bringing blood to penis.
- Among other causes of vascular disease and hence responsible for Erectile Dysfunction are smoking, elevated blood cholesterol and lipid levels. A number of medications also cause Erectile Dysfunction due to their side effects. Erectile Dysfunction is started to be seen in as much as every 2 out of 3 men after age 40.
- Successful and lasting erection requires increased blood supply to penis so that the penile tissues called Corpus Cavernosums fill in with sufficient blood volume, engorges and stays erect until ejeculation. Erectile Dysfunction occurs when the vessels supplying blood to penis are obstructed due to vascular disease and less blood is available to fill in for a successful erection.
- All medications and herbal remedies used for Erectile Dysfunction aim to increase the insufficient blood flow to penis by their "vessel dilating" effects so that more blood can fill in and harden the penis for a successful erection. All of the available medications such as Viagra (sildenafil), Cialis (tadalafil), Levitra (vardenafil) etc., herbal remedies and penile injections share the common mechanism of bringing more blood to penis by their "vessel dilating" effects so that more blood volume fills in to achieve sufficient hardness and erection.
- All of orally used medications and herbal remedies are taken into the body by absorption via intestines into the bloodstream. As they are distributed all over the body by bloodstream, these medications and herbal remedies NOT ONLY exert their "vessel dilating" effects in penis BUT ALSO in all the other parts of the body where bloodstream reaches. And this is why they create the well known side effects and more importantly they may cause death in patients with obstructive coronary artery disease. The death risk is directly related to decrease in blood pressure due to their systemic "vessel dilating" effects. Morever, these medications and herbal remedies have their "vessel dilating" effects limited by hours as these are cleared from the body in such a short time.
- The well known side effects of oral medications are all based on "vessel dilation" mechanism : Headache, Dizziness, Hypotension, Permanent vision loss, Facial flushing, Stomach pain, Nasal congestion, Nausea, Diarrhea, Loss of hearing, Ringing in the ears, Inability to differentiate between the colors green and blue..
- There is no technology available today or in near future where these orally taken medications are delivered ONLY TO PENIS and show their effects ONLY IN PENIS but NOT IN OTHER ORGANS of the body.
- On the other hand, there is a New Innovative Technologic Revolution debuted in the world in the last 3 years which shows its effect ONLY IN Penis : ED1000 Low Intensity Shock Wave Therapy
- By stimulating new vessel formation called Angiogenesis, ED1000 treats NOT ONLY THE SYMPTOMS as what the medications and herbal remedies do, but ED1000 also treats the UNDERLYING ROOT CAUSE of this problem; diseased blood vessels. And this is why ED1000 therapy succeeds long lasting results.